"Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it." Miss Stacey, Anne of Green Gables

Kristine Marie Kirk

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hardy Girls in Town


My sisters decided to take a trip up here to spend some time with me for 4th of July weekend! They arrived late last Wednesday night and left on Sunday morning. It was a big slumber party for 2 nights at my place and then they relocated to my uncle's place in Orem for the next 2 nights.
Thursday was Provo day. We walked around BYU campus including a trip to the new Hinckley building. Todd graced us with his storytelling skills as we gathered around to listen to the walnut tree story. We ate at J-Dawgs for lunch and headed off to the mall - Todd's very favorite place in the whole world! Well, I'm sure he didn't mind this time since we did some ring shopping and found one that must have been made just for me. And this experience felt much more enjoyable than the first one. If you want details about that embarrassing story, you'll have to ask Todd. He really likes to recapture that entire event. Anywho, our night time entertainment was Rock Band. My sisters really got into it!
Friday the 4 of us went to Lagoon. I love roller coasters! We had a blast! By the end of the night, I was so dead tired that when the girls were at my uncle's and Todd and I were at my apartment cuddling on the couch, I fell asleep and kicked him off the couch! Poor Todd.
Saturday we drove to Salt Lake. A walk around Temple Square, a tour of the Conference Center, and the Joseph Smith movie. That's pretty much the Salt Lake tour for a mormon. I always shed a tear or two during that movie! Afterwards, we met up with Todd and my good friends Jonny & McKenzi (and their little baby girl) to go to an aquarium. I got to touch a sting ray! We spent the rest of the night playing games and making snow cones on my uncle's front lawn. Mmmm!
I miss my family like crazy! It was awesome having them around for a few days. I had some realizations of why I do certain things. We're crazy! I love it!

No comments: