"Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it." Miss Stacey, Anne of Green Gables

Kristine Marie Kirk

Monday, July 27, 2009

Talk on Sunday

Todd and I spoke as a married couple for the first time yesterday. I spoke first, then a missionary who is leaving for Santiago Chile, then a woman sang "Abide With Me Tis Eventide", and then Todd spoke. Everything was very well timed and a good spirit was present. Here's some key points to my talk.....
-lyrics of "Live Like You Believe"
-ask yourself what you do believe
-review the 13 Articles of Faith and ponder their meanings
-when you say you believe something, ask yourself "Therefore, what?"
-"Faith without works is dead"
-"Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it." - Miss Stacy in Anne of Green Gables
-Strengthen home and family by participating and contributing with a cheerful heart
-Serve the Lord and His children
-“Think about the covenants you've taken upon yourself and ask yourself if you are
demonstrating the reality of them.” - Sister Barbara Thompson

I learned alot through my study and I'm grateful I was asked to speak.

3 comments:

RACHEL said...

aww so cute! i wish i could have heard it. i love married couples! especially ones named kristi and todd!

Unknown said...

Sounds great! Was Todd's as good?
He really is a good speaker too. Planned to call you this morning then got busy cleaning and realized you were probably already working. Love you!
mom

Jeff and Janet Kirk said...

I wish I had been blessed with the opportunity to hear you speak. I love you. Dad Kirk